Thursday, July 1, 2010

Last week I began a Very Low Calorie Diet--800 to 900 calories a day. It is under a doctor's supervision and part of a medical weight loss program. Today was my first weigh in--I lost 7.6 pounds. I have to eat food provided by them which is high protein, low carb and low calories. So far I have not gotten hungry-the food is very filling. The biggest problem is the taste, texture and smell of some of the food-especially the entrees that are in non-refrigerated boxes. You just open them up and heat them in the microwave. I am really struggling with this and when I mentioned it at the session today, I did not get much sympathy. I am going to try the rest of the entrees--there are about 10 different kinds. Has anyone ever done anything like this?
The other patients said to doctor them up and I have to figure out how to do that. Fortunately,my husband is being very supportive-he makes dinner for himself and our daughter. Wish me luck--it is definitely harder to do this at my age (61).

No comments:

Post a Comment